As most people been messaging me on ourWorld that they’ve been hacked. Well, I’ve some advice (And the ourWorld Staff has given) that won’t get yourself hacked.
1. If you ever see a character giving out a link DO NOT CLICK IT (Not saying it’s a lying site, BUT you may click on it and if it EVER says “Free gems, coins, level, items” DO NOT ENTER YOUR DETAILS ON THAT SITE! Why do you think on most sites it says “Doesn’t work for low levels” Well, it means it doesn’t work for THEM to steal your gems or items. No generator works, it’s all bunch of lies.
2. If a character is asking for account info for you to be in their video, or saying they will look after it, DO NOT DO IT.
3. “I’m going to get hacked soon, WHAT DO I DO?” Do not panic, most people say “I’m going to hack you” is to scare you. But if that was true… TIME TO PANIC! Nah, just joking. If the hacker doesn’t know your email, then it’s ok. If they do, YOU better start changing your password, about one time a day. Just to make sure.
4. “Someone already hacked me and I lost my items! I’m going to quit!” NOW HOLD UP! Just because someone hacked you, doesn’t mean you quit. The game was mainly made for people to have fun and CHAT to friends. But if you wish to quit and live a better life, then that’s fine. But if you wish to continuing playing the game and having fun then don’t worry about trying to look cool with your rare items.
5. “I WANT MY ITEMS BACK! HOW CAN I GET THEM BACK?!” Well, I don’t think you will ever get your items back. But it’s a worth a shot trying to ask a staff. Here’s these Steps: Account Settings>Help>Help Page>Go>Request Support>Request Help. Choose a Topic (heading line) then explain in detail how you got hacked and how you lost your items. After you’re done writing, below should have “Suggested Answers” If your answer isn’t there, click “My answer is not here” then wait 5 or less days for them to contact you by REAL email. Or just keep checking if your ticket has “Solution Suggested” Click the ticket and read what the Staff said. If that didn’t help, well I hope you LEARNT your lesson.
6. “Hey, there’s a site that has a download of an Item/gem generator!” Now think before you do that. Most videos are lies about getting free gems or items. Even if you did earned gems from the generator. Well, sorry to say. You’re even hacked or BANNED or possible Account deleted.
7. “There’s a contest on a website! Should I enter it?” Well, if there’s a contest about gifting, giving gems or EVEN giving your account to them, I would say… NO! That is scam and hacking all in one. If it’s a contest about winning something that you DO NOT enter info, gifting, giving items then it’s fine.
8. “This guy hacked me once, now he is going to hack me again” Now that’s something time to panic. Make a new account and if your other account is a resident, give all the items to that new account. By listing it for 999mil coins and add it to trade and offer one coin (Have your trade settings tricked) Then you should be fine.
9. “Should I give my Bestie my account info?” First of all. NO! You may not even know them in real life. Just because you’ve been friends with your Bestie for awhile, doesn’t mean you give your account info to them. Who knows, they might of tried to act nice for you to give them the account details. At the end, your items are gone. And guess who would that be? Your so call best friend.
10. “I have a sibling and (s)he wants to go on my account, should I say yes?” Depends if your sibling is new to the game, if your sibling is and I would say yes because they don’t know about scamming or stealing just yet… If you have a sibling that already knows everything about the game, then no or keep a watch eye on them to see what they’re doing. You never know, they could change your name, sell, buy, trade, talk to people of being rude and other sorts of things.
This is all written by me. I hope this has helped and to keep your account secure. But, if you want some answers on few of the numbers, here are some.
1. Is there anyway I can earn free items, gems, coins or levels?
Answer: Not for items though. But you can on giveaways, people usually do giveaways because they’re quitting. For gems, yes. You can earn them by watching millions of gem videos (They might not be some in your country, but who knows) or doing gem offers. DO NOT do the downloading offers. They can sometimes add viruses or spyware on your computer, you may download on your OWN risk. for coins, yes. You know the Kaban Sheep right? no? oh click this then, this also tells you to get free flow as well, once you collected flow you can sell your items from the bubbler. For flow, yes as I explained before. You can also do the test mode cheat. Click this to find out how.
If you were hacked, there is nothing that people or ourWorld staff can do about it. But you can always send a request here: https://ourworld.zendesk.com/requests/new make sure you add your ourWorld name at the end of your description of what happen or what they could do to help.